Host An Event
Help the homeless animals by hosting an event or throwing a party on behalf of the SPCA of Anne Arundel County.
The SPCA of Anne Arundel County receives hundreds of requests every year to participate in events, bring animals to events, and partner with other organizations. While we would love to accommodate all requests, we must be sure we have the proper resources and staffing to ensure a successful event for everyone involved. We ask that organizations seeking our partnership or participation in their event complete this form. Our staff will review the request and determine if we can commit to and assist with your event.
Sponsor An Event
The SPCA of Anne Arundel County (AACSPCA) is excited to offer a range of sponsorship opportunities to promote your business and associate your business with a great cause. Each year we host several events throughout the year to help support our animals and further our mission of providing shelter, rehabilitative, and medical care for animals in need.
The SPCA of Anne Arundel County hosts three major fundraising events each year which include the following:
- THE WALK FOR THE ANIMALS (SPRING). Each spring the AACSPCA holds the Walk for the Animals in beautiful Quiet Waters Park. Approximately two thousand people (and over 900 animals) and over 60 Vendors and Sponsors attend and support the Walk. We accept sponsorship opportunities as well as vendor spaces.
- PUPPY PLUNGE (SUMMER) Each August, The SPCA of Anne Arundel County’s Puppy Plunge attracts 1,300 attendees who come to Camp Letts in Edgewater with their canine companions to take the “plunge” into the river on either Muscle Beach (for bigger dogs) or our Petite Beach (for small dogs). This family fun festival offered live music, dog swimwear parade, puppy pie eating contest, food, and many exciting vendors.
- LIGHTS ON THE BAY (WINTER) Taking place at Sandy Point State Park, the event features a two-mile scenic drive along the Chesapeake Bay with approximately 70 animated and stationary displays illuminating the roadway. Children can participate in a nightly scavenger hunt, challenging them to find items within the show, answer display-related questions and enter a drawing to win prizes. As always, Santa will make an appearance on Thanksgiving Day. There’s something for everyone!
For questions regarding Sponsorship opportunities, email SPCA.Vendors@aacspca.org
The SPCA of Anne Arundel County utilizes a team of marketing and communications volunteers to ensure each event is advertised on our website and Facebook page. The sooner we get the information, the sooner we can promote the event. Depending on the event, we are able to assist in creating eye-catching posters/fliers. If your organization chooses to create a flier, please follow these guidelines:
- Ensure that the SPCA of Anne Arundel County logo is clearly visible.
- Include the full “SPCA of Anne Arundel County” name, at least once, when referencing the shelter. “AACSPCA” can be used as an abbreviation afterwards.
- Provide sufficient information for people to find the event, including date, time, full address, and contact information for questions.
For questions regarding Event Advertising, email email@example.com
Sample Posters from Past Events