Host An Event
Help the homeless animals by hosting an event or throwing a party on behalf of the SPCA of Anne Arundel County.
The SPCA of Anne Arundel County receives hundreds of requests every year to participate in events, bring animals to events, and partner with other organizations. While we would love to accommodate all requests, we must be sure we have the proper resources and staffing to ensure a successful event for everyone involved. We ask that organizations seeking our partnership or participation in their event complete this form. Our staff will review the request and determine if we can commit to and assist with your event.
Sponsor An Event
The SPCA of Anne Arundel County (AACSPCA) is excited to offer a range of sponsorship opportunities to promote your business and associate your business with a great cause. Each year we host several events throughout the year to help support our animals and further our mission of providing shelter, rehabilitative, and medical care for animals in need.
The SPCA of Anne Arundel County hosts four major fundraising events each year which include the following:
- THE WALK FOR THE ANIMALS (SPRING). Each spring the AACSPCA holds the Walk for the Animals in beautiful Quiet Waters Park. Approximately two thousand people (and over 900 animals) and over 60 Vendors and Sponsors attend and support the Walk. We accept sponsorship opportunities as well as vendor spaces.
- PUPPY PLUNGE (SUMMER) Each August, The SPCA of Anne Arundel County’s Puppy Plunge attracts 1,300 attendees who come to Camp Letts in Edgewater with their canine companions to take the “plunge” into the river on either Muscle Beach (for bigger dogs) or our Petite Beach (for small dogs). This family fun festival offered live music, dog swimwear parade, puppy pie eating contest, food, and many exciting vendors.
- Currently accepting sponsorships! CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE. (As of June 5th, 2018).
- BARKTOBERFEST (FALL) Held in October, Barktoberfest, a dog-friendly wine & beer tasting festival includes doggy costume contests, live music, dancing, delicious fare, Alpine dancers, and a silent auction. We offer several sponsorship opportunities as well as accept donations of items for our silent auction. By contributing some of the following items, you can help make our events an even better success: Gift cards & gift certificates to local businesses for use in our silent auctions and raffles; Gift cards to grocery stores, Target, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Michaels, AC Moore, Pet Smart, Petco, & Pet Valu for event supplies; Beer, Wine,Liquor Gift baskets.
- LIGHTS ON THE BAY (WINTER) Taking place at Sandy Point State Park, the event features a two-mile scenic drive along the Chesapeake Bay with approximately 70 animated and stationary displays illuminating the roadway. Children can participate in a nightly scavenger hunt, challenging them to find items within the show, answer display-related questions and enter a drawing to win prizes. As always, Santa will make an appearance on Thanksgiving Day. There’s something for everyone!
For questions regarding Sponsorship opportunities, email SPCA.Vendors@aacspca.org
Past Events – Sample Posters & Event Information