- Appointments are required to surrender your pet. Call our shelter office 410-268-4388 x141 for more information or to make your appointment.
- Locate your pet’s previous veterinary and vaccination records, if possible, to bring with you.
- You will need to show us a current driver’s license or other official, primary identification.
- Bring your pet to the AACSPCA’s Incoming building – the first building on your left as you enter the driveway.
- All dogs must be on a leash and cats must be in a carrier. If you need a leash or carrier please leave your pet in your car and ask to borrow one from our shelter staff.*
- You will need to complete and sign a give-up form and complete a pet profile.
- We appreciate and depend on your donation.
PLEASE NOTE: Once your animal has been signed in to us:
- We will not return the animal if you change your mind and want the animal back.
- We do not release any information regarding the health or placement of your pet once it has been signed in to the SPCA.
* When the weather is warm do no leave your pet in your car—call us from your car when you arrive and we will bring a leash or carrier to you.
Please complete the animal profile in advance if possible:
The give up fees are as follows –
Residents of Anne Arundel County:
Dogs – $20
Litter of puppies – $30
Cats – $15
Litter of kittens – $30
Small animals (Rabbits, Rodents) – $10
Residents Outside of Anne Arundel County:
Single Pet – $30
Litter of puppies/kittens – $40
Appointments are required to surrender your animal to the SPCA, please call 410-268-4388 to set up an appointment