Now doing pets up to 125 lbs!!!!
The SPCA of Anne Arundel County (AACSPCA) Spay and Neuter clinic is open to the public for surgery services Tuesday and Friday.
Phone calls are returned within 48 hours. Please contact your regular veterinarian for wellness exams, vaccinations and dental cleanings.
Schedule an Appointment
Preparing for Your Appointment
Spay and neuter appointment patients must be dropped off between 7:00 and 8:00 AM and picked up that afternoon between 3:00 and 4:00 PM. All dogs must be on a leash and all cats must be in individual carriers. A current rabies vaccination is required by law. Please bring written proof of rabies vaccination or you can get your rabies vaccine updated for an additional $5.
Pets need to be 12 weeks and older and in good health. Preoperative blood work is recommended and available to all animals if requested, and is required if an animal is 8 years of age or older. This checks organ functions to ensure that your animal is healthy enough to undergo surgery and costs $85. An appointment for blood work must be set up with the AACSPCA Clinic one week prior to your surgery date if 8 years or older. Dogs under 8years can have blood work scheduled the day of surgery. However if there is a concern with any organ values postponing surgery may happen.
Spay and Neuter Services:
- Dog: Female up to 75lbs (Spay) $100
- Dog: Female 76lbs to 100lbs(Spay) $125
- Dog: Female 101lbs to 125lbs(Spay) $150
- Dog: Male up to 75lbs(Neuter) $75
- Dog: Male 76lbs to 100lbs (Neuter) $100
- Dog: Male 101lbs to 125lbs(Neuter)$125
- Cat: Female (Spay) $60
- Cat: Male (Neuter) $50
Note: Additional charges apply for surgeries when animals are or in heat or cryptorchid. Females in heat (canine: additional $35, feline: additional $20). Cryptorchid males (canine: additional $50 per testicle, feline: additional $20 per testicle)
The above prices include a brief exam (unless your animal is feral or too fractious to be handled), pain medication, anesthesia, surgery, an antibiotic injection, and a complimentary nail trim. Your animal will also receive take-home pain medication, free of charge, if requested.
Additional Clinic Services
Additional services available at the time of spay and neuter are as follows:
- Hernia Repair (canine $40, feline $25)
- Back dewclaw removal – no bone (canine only) $25 per dewclaw
- Retained Baby Tooth Extraction (canine only) $10 per tooth
- Rabies Vaccination (canine or feline) $5
- Rabies Vaccination 3 year(canine or feline) $12(must show proof of prior Rabies Vaccine with in 1 month of expiration)
- DAPP Vaccination (canine distemper) $10
- DAP 3 year (canine only)$25
- Leptospirosis Vaccination (canine) $10
- FVRCP Vaccination (feline distemper) $10
- Bordatella Vaccination (canine) $10
- Microchip Implantation (canine or feline) $25
- Flea and Tick Prevention (canine $12 to $20), (feline $12)
- Dewormer (canine $10, feline $5)
- 4DX Heartworm Test w/ Tick borne diseases (canine) $30
- FIV/FeLV Test (feline) $30
- E-Collar ( depending on size $5/$10)
At this time, no additional services are available to the public. Please see your regular veterinarian for wellness exams, dental cleanings and any other services not listed on our website. See other page for our Vaccine Clinic.