The SPCA of Anne Arundel County’s (AACSPCA) Pet Food Bank Program aims to keep pets in homes.
The program is made possible by the generous contributions of the community members, businesses, and volunteers of the AACSPCA. Distribution of pet food is available to approved applicants who are struggling to feed their pet(s). The Pet food assistance program is temporary and will last up to one (1) year from date of approval. Individuals receiving assistance must pick-up and transfer their own pet food, as delivery is not currently available. Applicants are allowed to have one (1) person other than themselves who is authorized to pick up food on behalf of them.
- An application must be completed to be considered for assistance.
- All information provided is used only to determine your need for pet food and will not be shared with any third party.
- Only one applicant per household/address is allowed.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicant must present state issued photo identification and be enrolled in a state or federally assisted program or provide proof of unemployment benefits, or other proof of financial hardship will be considered within two weeks of application date.
- Identification is required each time food is picked up.
- Pet Food Assistance will last up to one (1) year from date of approved application.
- After enrollment in the SPCA’s Pet Food Bank Program, you cannot add to the number of pets in your home. Doing so will disqualify you from future assistance.
- Applicant must provide written documentation that your pet is spay/neutered. Proof is required.
- If your pet(s) are not spayed/neutered, the SPCA will help you with this directly OR provide you with a list of low-cost spay/neuter clinics in your area.
- Food provided through the SPCA may not be sold to other people.
- All food that we distribute has either been donated or purchased with donated funds. Therefore, there may be occasions where food is unavailable.
- The SPCA reserves the right to dent, terminate, or make exceptions for pet food assistance based on individual needs and circumstances.