The SPCA of Anne Arundel County (AACSPCA) Spay and Neuter clinic is open to the public for surgery services Wednesday and Friday.
Phone calls are returned Tuesday through Saturday. Please contact your regular veterinarian for wellness exams, vaccinations and dental cleanings.
Schedule an Appointment
Preparing for Your Appointment
Spay and neuter appointment patients must be dropped off between 7:30 and 8:30 AM and picked up that afternoon between 3:00 and 4:00 PM. All dogs must be on a leash and all cats must be in individual carriers. A current rabies vaccination is required by law. Please bring written proof of rabies vaccination or you can get your rabies vaccine updated for an additional $5.
Pets need to be 16 weeks and older and in good health. Preoperative blood work is recommended and available to all animals if requested, and is required if an animal is 8 years of age or older. This checks organ functions to ensure that your animal is healthy enough to undergo surgery and costs $85. An appointment for blood work must be set up with the AACSPCA Clinic one week prior to your surgery date so that our veterinarian may contact you with the results.
Spay and Neuter Services:
- Dog: Female (Spay) $100
- Dog: Male (Neuter) $75
- Cat: Female (Spay) $60
- Cat: Male (Neuter) $50
Note: Additional charges apply for surgeries when animals are or in heat or cryptorchid. Females in heat (canine: additional $35, feline: additional $20). Cryptorchid males (canine: additional $50 per testicle, feline: additional $20 per testicle)
The above prices include a brief exam (unless your animal is feral or too fractious to be handled), pain medication, anaesthesia, surgery, an antibiotic injection, and a complimentary nail trim. Your animal will also receive take-home pain medication, free of charge, if requested.
Additional Clinic Services
Additional services available at the time of spay and neuter are as follows:
- Hernia Repair (canine $40, feline $25)
- Back dewclaw removal – no bone (canine only) $25 per dewclaw
- Retained Baby Tooth Extraction (canine only) $10 per tooth
- Rabies Vaccination (canine or feline) $5
- DAPP Vaccination (canine distemper) $10
- Leptospirosis Vaccination (canine) $10
- FVRCP Vaccination (feline distemper) $10
- Bordatella Vaccination (canine) $10
- Microchip Implantation (canine or feline) $25
- Flea and Tick Prevention (canine $20, feline $15)
- Dewormer (canine $10, feline $5)
- 4DX Heartworm Test (canine) $30
- FIV/FeLV Test (feline) $30
- E-Collar (canine $10, feline $5)
At this time, no additional services are available to the public. Please see your regular veterinarian for wellness exams, dental cleanings and any other services not listed on our website.