If you are surrendering a pet, please follow the directions below:
- Call our shelter office (410-268-4388) if you have questions concerning the relinquishment of your pet.
- Locate your pet's previous veterinary and vaccination records, if possible, to bring with you.
- You will need to show us a current driver’s license or other official identification.
- Bring your pet to the SPCA’s Incoming building – the first building on your left as you enter the driveway. .
- All dogs must be on a leash and cats must be in a carrier. If you need a leash or carrier please leave your pet in your car and ask to borrow one from our shelter staff.*
- You will need to complete and sign a give-up form and complete a pet profile.
- We appreciate and depend on your donation.
Once your animal has been signed in to us:
We will not return the animal if you change your mind and want it back.
We do not release any information regarding the health or placement of your pet once it has been signed in to the SPCA.
* When the weather is warm do no leave your pet in your car—call us from your car when you arrive and we will bring one to you.