Senior for Seniors
The SPCA of Anne Arundel County's Senior for Senior program will help you select a companion who will fit into your lifestyle and housing situation at a reduced adoption rate.
Research shows that companion animals can improve health and happiness, regardless of age, health, social or even economic status. Why not improve your overall well-being by adopting one of our lovable senior companions!
Benefits of adopting a senior pet:
- Senior pets help their owner improve mental and physical health- lower blood pressure/ lower stress/ reduce depression;
- Senior pets provide companionship;
- Pet owners generally get more exercise and outdoor activity;
- Senior pets are often calmer companions and are often already trained.
This program places senior cats and dogs (ages 7 years and older) with senior citizens who are 55yr + of age (standard adoption procedures apply). The benefits of participating program include:
- All pets go home vaccinated, spayed or neutered, and micro-chipped;
- All senior pets adoption fee is 50%$ off;
- All adoptions will receive an after adoption personalized phone call to find out how your pet is settling in.
Rediscover the joys of having a cat or dog in your life! To participate in this program, please contact us at 410-268-4388 ext. 103.